You are invited to the 32nd Annual Career & Education Day (CED), hosted by the Houston Hispanic Forum (HHF) taking place Saturday, Feb. 10 at George R. Brown Convention Center. The CED is the biggest career day in the state of Texas with more than 13,000 students attending from 74 school districts around the gulf coast. For 32 years CED has prepared our future workforce by strengthening the talent pipeline by exposing students to new and growing careers in the region.
In light of recent events, the 2018 CED will also have a designated Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief and Recovery area dispersing information to the community to further aide families in need. This element was created through strategic partnerships and participation in the Harvey Recovery Leadership Group (HRLG) – a team of business, community and political leaders working to knowledge share and ensuring that our region’s most vulnerable residents receive equitable recovery resources, in addition to the Hurricane Harvey Children’s Recovery Collaborative led by Children-At-Risk with over 40 nonprofits participating.
Below are links to some of the available resources in the community. For additional information stop by the Harvey Disaster Relief and Recovery area at CED.
RESOURCE LINKS/ENLACES PARA RECURSOS
- HHF Disaster Recovery Guide
- HHF Guía de Recuperación de Desastres
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts Supporting Immigrant Communities
- Iniciativas de Ayuda por el Huracán Harvey en Apoyo de las Comunidades de Inmigrantes
- FEMA hotel stays extended to March 12
- Lone Star College Offering Free Classes to Help Rebuild Houston
- City of Houston Neighborhood Restauration Centers